Monday, November 7, 2011

Check in - Alison W.

Well, after Allison's post, I feel like I'm not doing quite as well as I should. She's a little rockstar. There is no wonder why I wouldn't choose anyone else to do this blog with! Here is my update from last week:

1. I did not lose any weight.
2. I tried on a pair of size 20 jeans...and they FIT. That's a step down from the 22/24s I currently wear.
3. This morning I attempted to make a green smoothie for the first time.
4. The smoothie was AWESOME.
5. I excercised one time - Kickboxing on Wednesday. Thanks to Halloween, there were no classes at the gym so I didn't get my dynamics in. I missed Soccer.

Goals for this week:
1. Get some weight lifting in - on Wed I'm going to lift weights after kickboxing. Today, if I get to the gym early enough, I will try to squeeze some in before Dynamics.
2. Track everything I eat. This week I'm using www.myfitnesspal.com . If you want to be friends with me on there, my user name is Mustangali.
3. Go to Soccer on Saturday, and be ON TIME! My trainer will love that! I have a track record of being 15 minutes late every Saturday.

For your information:

Green smoothie was super easy to make and SO yummy! And I already feel awesome - maybe that's because I can say I had spinach for breakfast. Either way, here is how I made it.

I filled the blender full of fresh spinach! Then I added a cup of frozen fruit - today was pineapple, mango and strawberries. Then I added some water, enough to make it blend properly. It was great! However, after talking to other green smoothie enthusiasts, I have learned that I should add a banana for additional flavor. I could taste the spinach more than most people would probably like, but I don't mind the spinach taste so much. Anyway, I've added a picture of my smoothie for your enjoyment!

Here's to a great week! Bottoms up!

2 comments:

  1. YAY size 20. and YAY green smoothie. my nutritionist(although i don't see her anymore, i will still consider her that forever) has an amazeballs recipe we should try. it has protein powder in it too. anyway, congrats on your week. looking forward to my movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't even imagine drinking something green, but my body would probably love me if I did. Good work!

    ReplyDelete