Thursday, November 10, 2011

check in mid week

ugh. this week has been AWFUL. emotionally. i have been a wreck. and what happens when i am a wreck? food. food happens. cafe rio happens. DDP happens. not caring happens. i was going to ask our readers for some butt kicking advice. HOWEVER, i just read my partner in crimes post about her green smoothie experiment. and i have just been re motivated. thanks ali. i knew we started this blog for some reason... other than to go global and viral and such :)

anyone else have a green smoothie experiment or testimonial they would like to share? and/or recipes?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!! So does Amy Jonkhart. She's the one who got me on them. Come talk to me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me if you need to chat. Let's get together and make smoothies - there are some different recipes on pinterest we should try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't make the smoothies (though I do like the green smoothies at Roxberry. Have you tried them? The iron strong is really good), but I make a green drink with my juicer. It's the Dr. Oz recipe my mom and I saw him do on Oprah a while back. Anyway, I think it would work with a blender as a smoothie (?) -- I juice a couple big handfuls of spinach, two apples, half a lemon, a whole lime, a inch-sized chunk of ginger, half a cucumber (at least), and a couple ribs of celery. (Dr. Oz also adds a half a bunch of parsley, but I'm not adding it lately because I'm nursing and I heard that parsley can affect that negatively). The drink sounds like it'd be terrible, but it's actually really fresh tasting. The best part is that my little boy (he's 5) loves the stuff and drinks it right along with me.

    ReplyDelete