Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Green Smoothie Day 2

On Monday I posted about trying a green smoothie for the first time. All day Monday, I felt AWESOME! I was under my calorie goal, I ate healthy all day, and didn't have even a sip of Diet Dr. Pepper. I went to the gym and got my weight lifting in and did my dynamics class! Felt great. Slept great that night!

Yesterday, Tuesday, I went to iHop for breakfast with some co-workers. I had pancakes, eggs and bacon, more calories than I should have had, FOR SURE. No green smoothie. And by 12:00, I felt like I was dying. I needed caffeine. I had a 20 oz Diet Dr. Pepper, and felt a little better for about an hour. Then for dinner, I met an old friend at a restaurant, and definitely ate more than I should have. And I had two Diet Pepsi's. I didn't exercise. Needless to say, I felt icky. As I drove home, I felt super tired, and couldn't wait to go to bed. However, when I got into bed, I couldn't sleep. Time kept ticking away, and I finally dozed off at about 2 am, only to wake up at 6:30. And I'm the kind of person that NEEDS 8 hours of sleep.

This morning I got up groggily, and made an over sized green smoothie. It was over sized kind of by accident. Either way, I drank it all. Almost immediately I started to feel more awake. Now here it is, about 4 hours later, and I feel just as good as when I drank it this morning. I'm looking forward to going to Kickboxing Circuit tonight and then lifting a few weights after!

I'm starting to think there's really something to spinach and fruit in the morning...

3 comments:

  1. Alison! How is it that I've just noticed this blog?! You mentioned it, but I didn't know it was up and going. I'm going to be checking back often -- I'm right on the same road as you. I've been feeling pretty depressed about the weight I need to lose for the last few weeks. Your blog is going to be a great for me to read, I just know it. Keep it up, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you load it with Spinach like I said?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is just what i needed to hear. green smoothie for me tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete